Essence of Facilitation – In House
This two-day workshop will powerfully enhance group management skills in all settings eg: education, meetings, brainstorms, and discussions.
Participants actively practice the best of the practical and more subtle aspects of facilitation.
“The wise leader’s ability does not rest on techniques or gimmicks or set exercises. The method of awareness-of-process applies to all people and all situations.”
– Lao Tzu
- The facilitators role and impact on others
- Creating safe environments for optimum results
- The many ‘hats’ a facilitator wears
- What is the skill set of an effective facilitator?
- Managing group dynamics
- Icebreakers, process and exercise set-ups and debriefs
- Clarifying purpose
- Dealing with egos, conflicts and impasse
- The role of intuition
- The principles of enabling
- Effective framing and reframing
- The basics of running a purposeful meeting
- Using feedback as an empowerment tool
- Thriving on the unexpected
The nature of this workshop is highly experiential. Participants will have the opportunity to learn generic facilitation and meeting skills as well as grow their own self awareness. Each participant will have an opportunity to ‘work the group’ on a facilitation related topic so practice and session content are maximized. You will leave the course confident you have the skills to continue your own development as you support others in moving forward in theirs.
Who is the course for?
- People who want more confidence and competence in facilitation
- Anyone who runs meetings and knows they could be more productive
- Leaders who want to unlock more potential in their teams
- Professional facilitators who want to further hone their craft
- Anyone who has an interest in group psychology and team effectiveness
This program focuses on process and skill development. The methodology is principles based, highly practical and experiencial. Curriculum can be tailored to suit your organization’s specific needs on request.
x2 consecutive days plus two hour follow-up by request
x8-16 participants per programme (minimum 8)
Contact Amanda to discuss your needs.
“Amanda Fleming has a fresh, relevant and highly engaging approach to support the growth of facilitation and life skills in any leadership team. Her ability to combine pedagogical learning theory with anecdotal examples and practical, ‘up front’ facilitation opportunities meets the needs of all participants where they are individually at. Amanda’s ‘Essence of Facilitation’ workshop has truly transformed PORSE and For Life Education & Training leadership – enabling our facilitators to lead from a place of authenticity, connectedness and confidence. They have become reflective practitioners who celebrate feedback, are able to congruently be in relationship with those around them and confidently take charge of any facilitation opportunity – quickly building rapport and trust with their audience. I highly recommend Amanda Fleming’s workshops if you want to take your organisation’s Vision to the next level, truly engage with the art of facilitation and empower your team to lead from the front with sass, style and conviction.”
Erin Maloney – General Manager, For LIFE Education & Training (NZ) Ltd